Smoothies are by many people considered to be a ‘superfood’ especially when made in the greatest ways using all of the best ingredients. Smoothies enable people to consume nutrients and vitamins easily and offer some truly wonderful benefits – with some of the advantages of smoothie-drinking including the following:
- An easy way to get your daily allowance of fruits and veggies
- Quick and easy to make
- Aids weight loss
- Improves digestions
- Tastes delicious
- Help people when detoxing
- Builds muscle and improves athletic performance
- Improves quality of skin, hair and nails
- Provides healthy eating education to people of all ages
- Strengthens the immune system
- Provides people with more energy
- Reduces cravings for unhealthy foods
And these are just some of the benefits too! If you would like to improve your life through smoothie-drinking and want to ensure that you are able to make the healthiest and most beneficial smoothies possible, keep on reading to discover some truly amazing tips!
How to make your smoothies even healthier
- Consider visiting your local hydroponics shop to purchase hydroponics equipment such as a grow tent and advanced nutrients so that you can grow your very own fruits and vegetables at home. Not only are hydroponically grown fruits and vegetables far superior to their soil-grown counterparts but also this will allow you to constantly have a fresh supply of them so that you can make the freshest and most delicious smoothies on a daily basis.
- Use plain yogurt for the base of your smoothies instead of vanilla or fruit flavored yogurts. This is a much healthier option and although the flavor may not be as sweet, you can boost the flavor of your smoothies’ easily with a teaspoon of honey or a splash of vanilla extract.
- Add healthy fats to your smoothies either using avocado or peanut butter. Even when dieting, healthy fats need to be included in your diet. It is important to include fats in your diet as this will allow you to feel full for longer and stop you from wanting to snack on other foods. It is all about balance.
- Do not add extra sugar or sweeteners to your smoothies – Instead, focus on creating blends that are already sweet enough for your taste buds to enjoy. Some people who enjoy sweet smoothies find it useful to add cinnamon. Not only can cinnamon work to sweeten up smoothies but the spice also offers its very own health benefits for examples it is able to lower bad cholesterol levels and regulate blood sugars.
- Use both fresh and frozen fruits. If you love fruits that are not always in the season considering buying them when they are and then storing them in your freezer until you are ready to enjoy them. Obviously, this is only something that you need to do if you choose a top to follow the first tip which is to invest in hydroponics equipment.
- Consider using the juice for the base of your smoothies – but ensure that the juice that you select is REAL fruit juice. Avoid sugary, syrupy mixes at all costs as these can cancel out some of the regular health benefits of smoothies!